DescriptionCompany Name: University of South Florida - USF
Clinical Documentation & Coding Specialist (Pro Fee Educator/Auditor)
USF Job ID 11619
Position Number 00001665
Are you interested in helping physicians navigate the complex rules and regulations related to pro fee documentation and coding? Our small, collegial team provides credible documentation and coding education, guidance and billing integrity reviews for the healthcare providers of USF Health. The Doctors of USF Health is a multi-specialty, multi-disciplinary academic group of over 600 physicians and other healthcare professionals that provides healthcare services at our USF Health clinics and at a number of local hospitals. The environment is multi-faceted and fast-paced, so strong teamwork and time management skills are required. This is an opportunity to apply your expertise in CPT/ICD coding and professional billing regulations to assist our providers with efficient documentation and accurate coding practices. Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve established work goals.
Sample of duties:
• Conduct reviews/audits of electronic medical record documentation and coding to assess compliance with related rules and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the design and presentation of in-service education to Physicians/Staff on specific coding trends identified, or as requested.
• Identify trends based on coding audit and review findings and formulate recommendations for follow-up education/corrective actions
• Effectively communicate to relevant parties the results of audit/review activity; and help with development of related action plans.
• Perform necessary research to provide credible guidance and education; including online searches of regulatory resources, CMS transmittals and program memorandums.
• Participate in performance/quality improvement activities.
• Draft standards and guidelines for review/approval by respective management.
Experience using Epic electronic health record and MDaudit Professional software strongly preferred. Prefer RN or other clinical license/certification. Salary $65,000 – negotiable
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Click ""Apply Now"" to be directed to our online application.
USF provides a comprehensive benefits package.
For more details and to apply, go to the website
Click on “Access USF” to view all postings. Search with Keywords: Clinical Documentation & Coding Consultant/Specialist; Job ID 11619; Location: USF Health.
For more information of this job and to Apply Online, please visit us at http://www.employmentcrossing.com/lcjsjobdetail.php?akey=b9622a8248d7f19060443c715169faed&pubid=7343d2cc7f4f67850872702f4a598a2e