DescriptionCompany Name: Oakland Unified School District
BASIC FUNCTION: Plan, coordinate and develop the scope, design and construction of new school buildings and facilities and the alteration, addition and relocation of existing buildings and structures.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to reflect the principal job elements accurately).
• Plan, coordinate and manage the design and construction of assigned school facilities’ projects with school staff, architects and contractors. Represent the assigned project over the course of the contract and provide construction interim housing. E
• Perform value engineering/plan checking and project cost estimating for project budget estimate. E
• Evaluate and recommend changes in scope of the project. E
• Manage necessary databases relative to facility master plan. E
• Approve requests for progress payments from contractors and architects. E
• Coordinate the bidding of projects with the Purchasing Department and approve bid documents. E
• Attend and provide expertise to meetings with architects and school administrators involving planning issues for on-going and new projects. E
• Meet with regulatory agencies on state and local levels as necessary. E
• Provide for proper inspection of projects; manage project schedule; assure timely completion of projects; and resolve issues and conflicts. E
• Coordinate project development/construction with other departments as necessary. E
• Supervise the services of inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, and testing labs. E
• Check and approve final plans and bid documents. E
• Conduct pre-construction coordination meetings. E
• Supervise project close out and warranty. E
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff. E
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to: a Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management, and ten years of construction experience and/or experience related disciplines, and seven years of progressively responsible experience in school planning, design and construction
Experience can be substituted for education.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Professional architectural or engineering license (B) is preferred.
• Employment eligibility that may include fingerprint, Tuberculosis and/or other employment clearance
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• KNOWLEDGE OF:
o Construction management methods
o Architectural methods and techniques
o Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques
o Research methods and report writing techniques
o Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities
o Applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws
• ABILITY TO:
o Coordinate major construction projects
o Meet schedules and time lines
o Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
o Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
o Maintain records and prepare reports
o Prioritize and schedule work
o Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field
o Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
o Plan and organize work
o Office and construction site environment; driving a vehicle to conduct work; reviewing project during demolition; working at heights.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
o Climbing on ladders and scaffolding to inspect work; walking, bending, stooping and reaching to inspect projects; seeing to inspect work; speaking to exchange information
For more information of this job and to Apply Online, please visit us at http://www.employmentcrossing.com/lcjsjobdetail.php?akey=0001084bf8be13bc9a8a121e440c1df5&pubid=7343d2cc7f4f67850872702f4a598a2e