DescriptionActively looking for a Facilties Maintenance Technician for self-performance of work orders and small projects in south Florida. Minimal supervision of subcontractors may be required. Extensive travel involved as well as weekend and/or evening work. Must have basic understanding and skill level to self-perform drywall, painting, small asphalt repair, minor concrete work, door and hardware installation, carpet repairs, minor laminate and woodwork, among other minor electrical, mechanical and plumbing work. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will also work closely with the Facilities Cooridnator and Facilities Manager to ensure timely completion of all work orders.
• Ensures that all servide to customer or company owned property work is completed efficiently, on time and coorectly according to specific scopes of work. Repairs are commonly completed at the client's facility or in the field at a client's site.
• Responsible for diagnosing problems, estimating repair and/or project costs, ordering parts, mimimizing re-work, supervising subcontractors, proper use of tools & equipment, on-the-job safety practices and proper documentation including technical report writing.
• Completes repairs within perfromance standard guidelines as set by the client: repair times, quality of repairs, amount of re-work, quantity of repairs, labor efficiency and other measures.
• Contributes to building excellent company/client/subcontractor relationships.
• Stays up-to-date with necessary technology.
• Excellent communication skills.
Minimum 3 years field experience as a facilities maintenance technician or superintendent with a good understanding of all construction trades and skills.
High school diploma required. Poly-tech or tradesman training certifications preferred, but not required.
Full time position
Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Holidays and Vacation offered.
For more information of this job and to Apply Online, please visit us at http://www.employmentcrossing.com/lcjsjobdetail.php?akey=6fb30912842de7bd4107c66c03a659af&pubid=7343d2cc7f4f67850872702f4a598a2e