DescriptionCompany Name: Hatteras
A career opportunity at Hatteras is an opportunity to become part of our ambition, diversity, and culture and to have a chance to learn from, work with, and grow professionally among people who are leaders in their fields. We are always looking for creative, bright, hard-working individuals to join the Hatteras team!
We are currently looking for a Shipping Assistant.
The Shipping Assistant will assist the shipping manager with day to day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ship shipment via Fed ex/ UPS both domestic and international
• Create BOL’s and commercial invoices
• Label, Wrap and strap skids
• Fill out ANS form
• Pack out drops shipments
• Keep shipping area neat and organized
• Answer emails from production when asked
• Locate jobs in progress throughout plant, provide info for shipping
• Keep accurate and up to date records.
• Type all shipping labels and all Bill of Ladings and same labels.
• Spot-check production for correct specifications and packouts.
• Must alert the Head of Shipping of any inconsistencies such as (quantity, quality, etc.)
• Follows shipping list and only makes changes with signed written instructions from a CSR.
• Perform other duties as requested
• Knowledge of shipping and mailing procedures and requirements.
• Knowledge of general maintenance procedures.
• Two years of experience as a receiving and shipping coordinator preferably in a warehouse
• Working knowledge of Word, Outlook and specifically Microsoft Excel.
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written communication
Hatteras is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hatteras does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information of this job and to Apply Online, please visit us at https://www.employmentcrossing.com/lcjsjobdetail.php?akey=a05ec56a6837b4d51be537d1076ba032&pubid=7343d2cc7f4f67850872702f4a598a2e