DescriptionYour Engineering Team at DWFritz
The Engineering team at DWFritz loves a challenge. In the face of large, complex obstacles, they develop the most interesting and brilliant solutions. They see obstacles as opportunities for learning, adaptation and innovation. The Engineering team was founded on collaboration and there is no shortage of team work, but unique to DWFritz are the opportunities to work autonomously on individual projects as well. Members of this team have diverse backgrounds, come from a variety of industries, and are eager to learn. Working with state of the art technology and world-class customers requires flexibility and communication to produce reliable, brilliant solutions.
This position will lead the Electrical / Controls Engineering team to guide the architecture, design, and development plan for Electrical Engineering projects. In addition, this role has specific responsibility for technical evaluation and commercial utilization of new automation technology.
• Guide the Electrical Engineering team in the architecture and design of electrical/control systems.
• Own and guide the Electrical Engineering project development process.
• Ensure the delivery of quality product.
• Investigate, and roadmap future Electrical Engineering technologies.
• Provide mentorship, coaching, and personal improvement objectives to Electrical/Controls Engineering team.
• Coordinate efforts of Electrical/Controls Engineering Group; plan resource allocation in a team environment.
• Collaborate with department members to define individual performance objectives.
• Conduct performance reviews in accordance with company standards.
• Fulfill the role of Senior Electrical Engineer within the department, as needed, to mitigate risk, improve timeliness or support management objectives.
• Lead and report out to senior leadership on projects to meet business objectives.
• Collaborate across a matrix organization to deliver on strategic initiatives, individual and project based objectives.
• Ability to drive consensus and motivate others in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to make timely decisions with best available information.
• Analog, digital, and microcontroller circuit design.
• Industrial controls.
• ECAD software skills.
• Vision experience (Cognex, Keyence, etc.).
• Motion Control Programming.
• Hands on debugging experience with hardware/electrical systems.
• Use of PC office automation software - word processing, spreadsheet, databases, e-mail and project management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Drives to “wow” the client through meeting product and delivery expectations.
• Adaptability and change management.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to lead project teams through facilitating solutions and managing timelines.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Your Education and Experience
• Position requires a BSEE or equivalent.
• Ten (10) years recent electrical engineering experience including hands-on lab/shop development and debugging of hardware/electrical system integration.
• Experience in the automation industry is preferred.
• Familiarity with motion control applications and safety circuitry is required.
• Experience in project management is required.
For more information of this job and to Apply Online, please visit us at https://www.employmentcrossing.com/lcjsjobdetail.php?akey=8c436746288382be6204d25556cd3f2b&pubid=7343d2cc7f4f67850872702f4a598a2e