Reporting to the President, the VP, Engineering will be expected to challenge the status quo. This position will act as key leader collaborating across the company, partnering with external stakeholders, and leading the Engineering and Resource Planning departments to ensure excellent execution on projects as well as the development of new products.
• Works with Senior Management and Engineering Leadership to develop a strategic vision and the technology roadmap in order to wow the client, diversify the business, and manage risk.
• Collaborates with Business Development, Project Management, Operations and Engineering Leadership to develop new solutions and products, and to improve execution of engineer-to-order and build-to-print projects.
• Drives decisions in organization with a systems point of view—considering trade-offs, prioritization, technology advancements.
• Sets overall objectives for approved development projects based on market research, technology developments and ROI.
• Ability to bring thought leadership and best practices to company, and integrate based on what’s currently working, where we need to improve, and where we need to transform.
• Working with the Talent & Organizational Development department, structures and builds teams to meet market demands and to drive performance.
• Establishes process and standards for the Engineering department, collaborating across the organization and especially with Operations on DFM, DFX, etc.
• Partners with Sales to develop client presentations and business reviews. Works as a trusted advisor to clients on DWFritz technological capabilities to advance their business.
• Drives Workforce Planning with Engineering Leadership to determine build, buy, borrow decisions for engineering resources (Mechanical, Electrical, Software Controls and Applications).
• Leads Resource Planning team to effectively allocate resources across various projects in a matrixed organization.
• Promotes a creative and innovative work environment where leaders are empowered and employee ideas are encouraged.
• Works closely with the VP, Operations to optimize Supply Chain selection and processes, ERP system, and manufacturing impacts/opportunities.
• Works with International Teams and Suppliers to determine capabilities, performance, integration. May lead international teams as DWFritz continues to expand.
• Responsible for managing scope and improving processes for client changes.
• Excellent leadership skills with ability to motivate staff towards achievement of company’s strategic vision.
• Strong, resilient, results driven, and self-directed individual with personal commitment to excellence.
• Collaborative and communicative—works well with teams across the organization, communicates plans and prepares leaders to communicate to their teams.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, with passion for growth and change.
• Cross-functional collaboration – strong in forging relationships across groups and driving buy-in and commitment towards solutions that may be challenging or new.
• Ability to mentor, coach, lead and develop talent in a dynamic environment in order to build the required capabilities and to attract/retain the best talent.
• Ability to present to, collaborate with, and influence the Senior Management Team.
• Excellent client relationship skills to include rapport building, presentations, and business reviews,
• Broad knowledge of engineering systems spanning Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Applications.
• Working conditions include the possibility of working long hours during project deadlines, moderate workload pressure, some evening work, and up to 20% travel.
Your Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• 10 to 15 years of engineering experience in a project and/or product based environment, 4-7 years of experience in a Senior Management role.
• 4-7 years working in a machine design, automation, or capital equipment company.
• Experience building and leading teams to include international teams.
• Experience partnering with international suppliers for engineering services and parts.
• Proven ability to manage timelines, budgets and to meet requirements.
• Demonstrated and proved experience in organizational change management.
For more information of this job and to Apply Online, please visit us at https://www.employmentcrossing.com/lcjsjobdetail.php?akey=dd4651a275f79e729f26cc6d074e61da&pubid=7343d2cc7f4f67850872702f4a598a2e